Monday, March 8, 2010

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I read somewhere once that "Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.". I liked that thought and I wrote it on a paper and stuck it in my bible. It's still there along with a few other things I liked the sound of. Now I realize that is not the official definition of courage, but I find that I have a little more of it when I pray about something that I'm afraid of.
My way of dealing with fear when I was a little girl was to worry. I thought that if I could come up with the worst scenario in my mind and worry about it then it couldn't come true. For instance, I was always afraid that my mom would have a wreck and be taken from me. I would sit and worry about it until she pulled into the driveway. I convinced myself that by thinking something so horrible it would keep it from becoming a reality. Yeah, I know, that is just messed up. I suppose I worried enough as a youngster though because she is still alive and 82 years old now.
I deal with fear much more constructively now. When I have a fear I pray about it and just leave it with God. It did take a great deal of practice and many failed attempts but I'm really good at it now.
I have 6 girls. Three daughters and three stepdaughters. Hence the title of my blog,
"With 6 You Get Courage". You simply can't have six girls in your life and not have courage.
Any mother will tell you it takes courage just to give birth, courage when they are sick and courage that first day you send them to school. When they become teenage girls there is always some sort of drama. They are either on the top of the world or in the pits of hell. It takes courage some days just to wake them up! As they become young women courage takes on a whole new meaning.
So with many adventures in courage waiting in the wings I'm hoping you'll join me for this courageous adventure in blogging. With 6 you get courage and lots of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment